Scroll Left or Right on the Timeline
These tips enable you to easily and quickly scroll left (earlier) or right (later) on the Pro Tools timeline. You need a mouse with a middle scroll wheel or a track pad to use method 1 below. Method 2 uses keyboard keys only.
- Press and hold down the SHIFT key on your keyboard.
- Rotate your mouse scroll wheel forward to move left (backward) on the timeline.
- Rotate your mouse scroll wheel backward to move right (forward) on the timeline.
- Press and hold down the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Press the Page Up key to move left/earlier on the timeline.
- Press the Page Down key to move right/later on the timeline.