What is Avid's Pro Tools? The version of Pro Tools I use is a software application that is installed on a computer. It is used for music composition, recording, editing, producing and mastering music.
Pro Tools has probably been used for the sound, special effects, editing and production of your favorite film/movie, video game, CD, MP3 and music you listen to on the Internet or broadcast radio. Pro Tools is the standard audio production application used by audio professionals throughout the world.
All the Pro Tools information featured on this Website is written by me for PC users. All Tips, Quick Starts, Tutorials and Video Tutorials & Notes are also listed alphabetically on my sitemap page. Use my Websites search feature to quickly find information regarding a specific Pro Tools subject.
Most of the Pro Tools-related information I've posted is geared toward people who are beginning to use Avid's Pro Tools.
- These are generally brief, usually 1 to 3 steps or sentences related to using Avid's Pro Tools. Begin to read my Pro Tools tips...
- Quick Starts
- The "Quick Starts" I've written are usually one half to one page "getting started", "how-tos" geared toward using Avid's Pro Tools. Begin to read my Pro Tools Quick Starts...
- Tutorials I created that describe how to perform various tasks or processes using Avid's Pro Tools. Often about one page in length. Begin to read my Pro Tools tutorials...
- Video Tutorials & Notes
- Notes I've taken from video tutorials created by other people. I've included the original video you can watch and my notes. The notes are not verbatim transcriptions though fairly close to the original.
I may include short explanations, comments or links to further information on topics discussed in the original video tutorial. I sometimes include short "how to" information to help people get started with some of the processes described in the video.Begin to view Pro Tools videos that include my written notes and tips...
Need some FREE tracks to practice mixing?Telefunken produces a professional line of microphones and direct boxes. The Free tracks they make available are recorded using their microphones and direct boxes. The performances are recorded live with no overdubbing and no physical isolation between instruments and vocal microphones. They have a nice variety of local, regional, national, and international artists/bands and different styles of music available to mix.
It's a great opportunity to learn and improve your skills!
- Go to the Telefunken website .
- Hover your mouse over "AUDIO & VIDEO" at the top right hand side of the page then "MULTITRACKS".
- Left click on any "LIVE FROM THE LAB" or "MULTITRACKS" link.
- Find a band whose tracks you want to mix.
- Click on the "Download Multitrack" button.
The Cambridge Music Technology website is another great resource with lots of tracks to mix from artists of many genres of music. The website has other great FREE recording and mixing related resouces. Mike Senior operates the Web site. He is a professional audio engineer and author.
At the download page you need to scroll quite a ways down the page to get to the tracks. Some of the tracks and artists available at the Telefunken website are also available for download here as well.
To download music tracks on the Cambridge Music Technology website click on the file size number below the words "Full Multitrack". See the image below.